Shelby County Sheriff's Office - Sheriff Chris Curry
My Shelby SO










Inmate Listing
Dispatch Log

Shelby County Sheriff's Office, Alabama
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of an Incident/Offense or Accident Report?
The only person who can obtain a copy of a report is the person who files the report. Reports may be picked up at the Main Office or the North Substation during regular business hours, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Photo identification is required. Reports may be mailed to you if you send a self-addressed stamped envelope and a written request.

How can I obtain a copy of my criminal record?
A criminal history is not public record from the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office. Our records are for law enforcement use only. To obtain a copy of your record, please contact the Alabama Bureau of Investigation at (334) 353-4350.

How do I obtain a copy of my driving record?
A driver’s history is not public record. To obtain a copy of your record, please contact (334) 242-4400 or (205) 252-7445.

What is the cost of a pistol permit?
The cost of a pistol permit is $20.00 per year. Permits must be renewed annually. This amount is established by legislation and varies from county to county. A pistol permit may be obtained at the main office or at our North Substation.

Where can I get fingerprinted?
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office recognizes the need for the public to have fingerprints taken for various jobs, adoption process, etc. Those desiring the service should bring any special forms with at least two fingerprint cards during the times listed below. A corrections officer will handle your fingerprint needs. Corrections officers have numerous duties and there may be a short wait, but it should be minimal. Fingerprints may be taken any day and at any time except between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. however, arrival during the scheduled times ensures the speediest service.

When is the best time to have my fingerprints taken?
6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. every night except Wednesday and Friday. 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

How do I file a complaint against or commend an employee of the Sheriff’s Office or the agency?
A commendation or complaint may be made in person to any employee of the Sheriff’s Office, by calling the Sheriff’s Office at (205) 669-4181, or by completing the online Customer Satisfaction Survey on the MyShelbySO section of the website.

Additional Information

Sex Offender Registration Form (pdf)
Summary of Juvenile Sexual Offender Requirements (pdf)
Summary of Adult Sex Offender Requirements (pdf)
Alabama Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Act (pdf)
© Shelby County Sheriff's Office, 2003. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Privacy | Site Map