A partnership between the Shelby County Sheriff's Office, Calera Police Department, Montevallo Police Department, Shelby County Schools, and COMPACT 2020
- Develop leadership, values, and knowledge in each camper through a highly structured educational and adventurous camp experience.
- Provide training and messages centered on values and traits, including integrity, character, courage, grit, discipline, and teamwork.
- Educate students on issues they will face through adolescence and equip them with skills to navigate these challenges.
- Immerse students in an exciting Junior Citizens Police/Sheriff's Academy, allowing them to see and experience first-hand what School Resource Officers and Law Enforcement Officers do.
- Have fun and forge strong relationships between and the students and their School Resource Officers throughout the week that will carry forth throughout their academic careers and beyond.
Who, When and Where
Our camp is scheduled for rising 6th grade students and will be hosted at Oak Mountain Elementary School June 14th –18th, Chelsea Middle School July 19th – 23rd, and Montevallo High School June 21st –25th from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm each day. It will be staffed by School Resource Officers from various schools around Shelby County and Compact 2020. The camp is free of charge, and the only requirement is that the child be dropped off and picked up on time. Slots for the camp are limited.